The Greater Cleveland Sports Commission is holding a survey for a cycling festival in Cleveland. Lets make sure Mountain Biking is represented as well. Provide some feed back here
Reveal The Path will premiere in Cleveland, OH, at the Breen Center for the Performing Arts at Saint Ignatius High School, 2008 West 30th St. at Lorain Ave in Cleveland, on Monday, Jan. 21 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $11 in advance at www.imathlete.com/events/
The CAMBA leadership has voted on all of the jersey designs and have whittled it down from 18 submissions to the top 4 jersey designs. A big thanks to all of the designers who submitted a jersey. It was a hard decision. Now its up to you to decide which jersey the club will use for 2013. The jersey can be found in the CAMBA facebook page here and the vote for your favorite design can be found here. While you are there take a moment to “like” CAMBA to keep up with whats going on. The winning design of the jersey contest will be anounced at the CAMBA holiday party and fund raiser at Spin Bike Shop in Lakewood on Friday December 14th. More info on the holiday party can be found here. The last chance to vote on the jerseys will be Friday December 14th at 5PM!
Just a heads up…..this weekend is Youth Gun season for deer (11/17-11/18)….and regular deer season is also coming up; 11/26-12/2, and 12/15-12/16. So please steer clear of West Branch MTB trails during those times.
Check HERE for more info on ODNR’s hunting season schedule.
When? Friday, Dec 14, 2012
Time? 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Mike Kline and Wayne Bowers both stood on the podium taking 3rd place sport in their respective age groups. Great job! Thanks to CAMBA, Eddys, Bistro, Crankbrothers and Kenda!
TAKE A KID MOUNTAIN BIKING DAY HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED: TKMBD is an annual celebration held in October. The event, developed and coordinated by IMBA, strives to encourage communities around the world to join together and ride mountain bikes with youth.
Youth day at Vulture’s Knob MTB Park | OCTOBER 13 | 2:00 (Halloween Costumes Welcome)
2:00-2:45 on bike instruction zones
3:00-3:30 youth races
4:00 – watch the start of the adult race
4:15- youth awards, Clif Bars, prizes
Lots of goodies like Specialized t-shirts, Clif Bars and waterbottles for youth participants!
This event focuses on youth riders, and we’ll work on a few skills and then head out on youth race course to put the skills to use. Then we’ll have a fun youth race with awards to follow. We work on safety, trail awareness, the power stroke, balance, track stands, turns, braking, overcoming and riding obstacles and more.
Games – bike limbo contest | last person riding | slowest race competition | skills course
YOUTH RACES | time 3:00 | Costumes preferred (whats the fun if you don’t ride in disguise)
A fun short loop for the kids on the upper portion of the course surrounding the pavilion. Various classes based on age and abilities. From training wheels to tiny tots to mini-mites…a little something for all! Free entry
- 5 and under and training wheels – small drag race down a straight line in front of the staging area.
- 6-8 yr olds – 1 lap on the kids course around the pavilion area
- 9-11 yr olds – 1 or 2 laps on the kids course around the pavilion area
- 12-13 yr olds – 2-3 laps on the kids course around the pavilion area
Please let us know in advance how many are attending by signing up under this Facebook event. Last year we had over 50 youth attend and we’d like to have enough volunteers in place this year.
event schedule and map (location within the park) can be found here: http://www.331racing.com/cms/takmbd/index.html
SPECIALIZED | EDDY’S BIKE SHOP | PROGRESSION SESSIONS | 331 RACING are proud to support IMBA’s Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day.
Dont forget the deadline for the CAMBA jersey contest is only 11 days away on October 15th! If you have a design, get it submitted! We cant wait to see your designs!
- Designs must be submitted by October 15th to ”rick at camba.us” Please include the best way to contact you in case you are the winner.
- Download and use the “race cut” jersey template, provided by Primal Wear at http://www.primalcustom.com/templates.html.
- Designs must include the CAMBA logo (here).
- The winning artwork will be submitted to Primal designers for final edits and Primal logo additions. CAMBA and Primal reserve the right to make changes to fit the needs of the organization, the jersey style and the manufacturers.
- Submissions will not be returned to the designers and CAMBA will not provide payment of any kind.
- Designs and included artwork MUST be original.
Any questions can be directed to “rick at camba.us”