CAMBA's group rides are intended to be fun! They are not training rides and they are not races. It's a chance for mountain bikers to meet new people and enjoy the trails. They are open to anyone.
1. No rider is dropped or left behind on a CAMBA group ride.
2. All participants must sign the CAMBA event release form.
3. All participants must wear a helmet.
4. Bike should be in good working condition. Tires should be properly inflated, chain should be lubed, and brakes must be working.
5. All participants must have fun!
Group Ride Leader
1. Rider safety is the top priority. Group ride leader should be sure all that riders are prepared for the ride.
2. Ride leader should carry a cell phone (with local EMS number), some basic first aid, extra tubes (schraeder and presta), basic tools (mini tool kit works best), extra food (Powerbars or Clif Bars), and extra water.
3. Ride leader must be able to perform basic on-trail repairs such as replacing a tube and fixing a chain.
4. Ride leader should put a brief article on the CAMBA website about the ride. In the article, ride leader should inform participants of the ride length, the expected pace, and the general difficulty level of the trail.
5. Ride leader must keep track of the group. If riders decide to break off the group, the ride leader must be sure that they are familiar with the trails and know where to go.
6. Event should be cancelled if riding will cause damage to trail.